It has been a busy few weeks for me. It has been good, but busy. My refusal to blog started when my sister Tami flew out from Texas. It was the first time since college that we (just she and I- with no kids or hubby's) did something together for any length of time. It was great! There were only a few things on our list that we did not get to. (for example- When we were going to the Y and it was towards the end of the month and our $ was almost spent from each of our paychecks, we would meet between classes and enjoy a cheap lunch of saltine crackers and green apples. We would sit by a certain wall that was blocked by wind, but in full view of the sun. Being the sun loving Florida girls we were, we missed the warmth! Tami and I did ride by this spot on one of our bike rides, but discovered that the wall was no longer there! (Plus our paychecks- well hubby's paychecks are a little bigger so we no longer eat apple and saltine lunches any more!) All and all, it was a great weekend. We did a lot of biking, ran the "stairs from hell" (excuse the language-but that is what the smith field house stairs were called) a few times after a morning run, we did some thrifting (Much to our husbands despise), we spent a lot of time catching up, and oh yes we did enjoy the women's conference talks and concerts. We both kept good notes in our little notebooks. Tami made a comment that after we go home we have a lot to do to be better wives, mothers, and individuals. (nothing like feeling overwhelmed-but it was in a good renewed spirit way!)
Oh- back to why I have refused to blog this last little while! I left my camera in the Pardoe theatre on the BYU campus. I kept telling myself -"It is BYU, someone will find it and turn it in to lost and found!" I have called everyday since, I have talked to numerous places all over campus.......and nothing. I am both sad and mad at the same time! Jim got it for me a few months ago and it was really a nice camera. So everytime I even think of blogging, it reminds me of loosing my camera! I keep hoping that the person is so consumed with guilt that they will turn it in. But no such luck yet!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



RAN the stairs from hell??? I'm so impressed. I feel like I should have paramedics waiting for me at the top when I WALK them. Glad you had such a good time with your sister, but sorry about your camera. Girl time is priceless.
ReplyDeleteI'm ready for another trip! It could not have been anymore perfect- (minus the lost camera). I have not felt so rejuvenated in a long time. I love ya Traci.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun time with your sister. I love your cheap lunches. Better than Ramen! I'm so sorry about your camera. I grew up in a photography family so I feel the pain when I hear of camera incidents. Kyle had his little digital camera stolen at EFY last year. Apparently those types of things aren't safe places for cameras.
ReplyDelete