Monday, July 19, 2010

Eagle

In June Braden received his Eagle.  We are so proud of him for all of his hard work. I can honestly say that I was not a mom who earned the award for her son.  He did not even want me to help with the paper work.  
 
My dad surprised us all when he walked in during the middle of Sacrament and sat down in front of us.  We had hoped that he would come and when I saw him you could say that it overwhelmed me emotionally.  I could not stop the tears.  I have said many times that it is hard for me to live so far from my family.  Thanks for coming dad-I love you!
Brady is surrounded by such good youth leaders, cousins, and friends.  Having never put a program together before I did not know what to expect.  Everyone did such a great job.  It was a surprise to Braden that his "hommies" would be there.  The words that were shared by Bro Carter, Pres Ricks, Bro Clark, Bro Biesinger, Papa Hand, and his friends touched him.  Braden (along with his dad and I) was surprised at how emotional he got.

A highlight of the night was the words that were shared from Major Biesinger( I think that title is correct-Julie let me know).  He talked about Braden's eagle project and presented him with a certificate from the Department of Defense and a flag that was flown over Camp Blackhorse, Afghanistan on September 11, 2008.  It was neat to hear about the project and the affects it had on so many. 

Cameron and some of his buddies performed the flag ceremony.  They did a good job.  It was great to share the night with so many family and friends.  Way to go Braden!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for sending me your address! I'm your new 'anonymous' follower. Great seeing you guys at the reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally found your blog! You have such neat kids. I has a great time talking with you at the reunion and am glad I have another way of keeping up with you now!

    ReplyDelete