Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Don't you love Traditions

For the last 4 years we have gone on a little 2-3 day getaway with some friends of ours.  It is a break that all of us look forward to.  Our husbands love it because they get to spend so much time with their wives...... or is it that we try to pack in at least 32 holes of golf into 2 days! We came upon a special deal where our suite, food, and golf were packaged together.  (For 1/4 of the price we could not resist!)

We stayed at the beautiful Hotel Park City.  Very clean, classy, and comfortable.  The fireplace was great with the fall weather.  The workout room was probably one of the best I've seen.We also got a voucher to eat a Ruth's Chris!  I could get used to eating like that. 
The first day we golfed at Hobble Creek which is so pretty in the fall!  The next day we played the Red Ledges in Heber.  It was beautiful!  Jack Nicklaus designed this private course that is normally $200 for one person to play.  The 2 men that own the massive property are members of the 70's.  We did have to listen to a sales pitch for one hour to get our package.  It was funny to hear Devo and Jim practice their "NO!" to each other in anticipation for the sales pitch.  It was such a pretty area with so many amenities that after 2 1/2 hours of our 1 hour tour, ( honestly it was a casual-non pressured tour) they were both leaning into each other trying to decide if they should go in together and put a down payment on a piece of land for investment.  Teresa and I just laughed and shook our heads.  But we both had to admit that the 'cottage' that was only 1.5 million dollars was tempting. If anyone has an extra $200,000 for just a piece of land, this is the place for you!  I promise to always be your friend and I will visit often!!!
After reminding the boys how to say "NO"  we headed to the golf course.  It was beautiful.  With views of 3 different mountain ranges.  A caddie was part of the experience.  I was not sure how I would like playing with a caddie.  He did a great job making us feel comfortable.  He gave me little tips here and there and used a foot wedge for me once or twice.  He would run out and use a scope to tell you distance to the flag and hand you your club and put it back for you after wiping it down.  I decided I could get used to a caddie.  Funny how I would listen to his tips but in the past when Jim tried to give me tips I did not take them as well.

We topped off our get-a-way as we enjoyed watching the Couger's get a win in Provo. 
( Oh- and as a side note we were invited to come back and play one more time with our round paid for and the gratuity for the Caddie would be taken care of.  I was thrilled to hear this because I kept thinking of how much Brady would love this experience.  So he is coming back with Jim-Yeah, he will love, love,love it!  Do you think maybe the resort noticed how enticed Jim and Devo were.  BE STRONG JIM-JUST SAY NO!)

No comments:

Post a Comment