Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year! I just love the spirit of the entire season. Love the sounds, smells, lights, meaning behind the season, tastes, friendliness, etc. I have a wonderful family and I sure want to remember every moment with them!
I think just about everyone I know opens up new PJ's on Christmas eve! Santa over did it on the sugar in the stockings this year. We are actually still enjoying it (tomorrow is Feb. Perhaps we don't need to buy Valentine's candy. Well maybe more nerds-those really get eaten first around here. It is the chocolate that lingers!)
I woke up early Christmas morning to giggles. As I rubbed my eyes to try and focus to see what time it was, I had to both smile and sigh because it was 4 a.m.! I went out to find 2 cute little girls holding flashlights and looking at the labels of the different gifts under the tree. After sharing some excitement with them, I was able to convince them to lay down in the guest room for at least another hour before we open stockings.
A few years back we would wake up and open stockings and then shower, get dressed and eat breakfast before opening gifts. We must be getting softer or the kids make more convincing arguments because now we go straight from stockings to presents (taking a break whenever the cinnamon and orange rolls come out of the oven) Kids favorite presents-Meg/sewing machine. Katie/I-cat. Brady/newer and cooler cell phone. Cam/Kindle.
After Christmas wrapping clean up we usually enjoy some time just enjoying the day. It was a nice relaxing family day. In fact proof that tradition went right out the window.... Brady and Cam stayed in jammies all day! Had to get a shot of Jim playing Megan's mind flex game. The ball moves up in the air the more you concentrate. You also make it go through hoops. Meg was cute playing the game because she would do really good and then she would start laughing and the ball would just drop. Look at the concentration on Jim's face!







No comments:
Post a Comment