Friday, April 23, 2010

California (part 2 of 3)

This picture really does say it all about the 2nd part of our vacation.  Warm and relaxing!  It is hard to believe that as I am posting this today I am looking out my window at rain/snow.  Perhaps after I write this post I will take a nap and dream of warmer weather.  We spent the next few days at a resort in Mission Bay California (On the recommendation from the H family-thanks)



The first day we spent relaxing and renting beach cruisers to ride along the bay and the beach.  We loved the nice wide paths.  I loved looking at all of the houses/cottages that were literally only steps away from the path.  So charming!  We  rode around the cove and ended up at a playground area.  We just relaxed and visited with each other.  Megan was very apprehensive to ride the bike around the bay (because that is just Megan)and was pretty tense at the beginning but ended up having a good time.  Brady had a nasty run in with a metal garbage barrel that resulted in a scraped up shin.   He was a good sport and we all had a good laugh about it.
 We stayed at the Bahia Resort right on the bay.  We got a really good deal on our room.  For under $200 a night we had a kitchen, living room, dinning room, over sized bedroom with 2 king beds and fireplace, and a big walk out balcony with a great view.  We saw fireworks from Sea world outside our balcony each night at 9:00.  The kids enjoyed playing tennis.  Brady wanted to challenge Jim at tennis.  I think he thought he could beat him.  After getting beat by his dad Brady asked him "So where did you learn to play tennis?"  We also played shuffle board one night.  It was fun as well.  We all had a good laugh each time Jim would take his turn.  His aim was right on, but each time he went to hit someones puck out of the way his puck seemed to jump right over it going out of play.

I loved walking outside and seeing all of the flowers and tropical plants.  These pictures were taken from the winding path we took from our place to the pool.  The pool was nice and big with a huge hot tub and an arcade room off to the side of it with free arcade games.  Let's just say that both the boys and the girls were happy!
It really was a picture perfect 2 days.  The bay was really nice. In fact it was so nice that we did not walk the one block to go to the beach.   It was secluded and kept up well and was not crowded like the beach was.  The cabanas were comfy and clean.  Just so relaxing!
Remember my blue glitter gel toes picture?  I was in that same position as I took all of these pictures.  Oh- I want to go back.  Seriously, I WANT to go back.  (Tami we will have to add this place to one of our retreats!)

And on that next trip I want to try these!  Jim tried to get us to rent something to do out in the water.  He really-really wanted to rent this little sail boat.  At the time I just kept thinking, "Sailing! We know nothing about sailing.  Me and the kids would be all stressed out that Jim would not know what he was doing and would flip us over into the cold water.  Jim would stress out because we would all be in panic mode as he is trying to learn how to maneuver the sails."  I promise next time we will do it Jim!  I would also like to try the stand up paddle surf board thing.  They rode those all over the bay.  I could do that.(At least in my mind I think I could!  See the roller coaster in the background.  That is right on the beach.  Cam would have loved to do that but I will talk more about roller coasters on California part 3 of 3!!

In trying to give you an idea of the bay I scanned this post card.
This is a picture of the resort on the Bay.  The bike path goes all along the bay for miles.  Our little cabana beach spot was at about the center of the picture.  As you are looking at the picture imagine that you are on a circular stretch of the bay (the stretch with the roller coaster is off to your right)  The beach is right behind you.  On the other side of the bay past the sail boats is Sea World.  
  From the bike ride, early morning jogs, fireworks, sun, pool, games, parks, relaxing, and family time this will be a trip to remember!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like something we should look into. tons of fun. You'll have to show me a few tricks with Picnik.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like my curly toes in the picture! It does look like a lot of fun. That would be a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete