Our last few days of our trip were spent at California Adventure and Disney land. We stayed in a hotel just a block away from the main entrance so we did not have to worry about parking. The weather could not have been any better. (The crowds could have been- but we survived!) The following pictures are not in any particular order. They are of both days. As I was going through the pictures I realized that I am not in one picture. Our grandchildren will look at our scrap book one day and think that grandpa Jim is so cool. He was always doing fun stuff with his kids. Oh well!
As any of you would, we packed as much into each day as we could. The only time we seemed to relax was in the occasional line. Jim kept us all busy with 20 questions. He even got the boys involved when he offered $5 to the person who guessed correctly.
Things for us to remember- Cameron went on tower of terror because the rest of us were chicken. Megan did go on her first roller coaster. Braden realized that he really does like roller coasters. Instead of screaming or laughing he would just yell out phrases like "OOHH Yeahhhh!" Katie just loved everything especially the frozen lemonade and carousel. Jim enjoyed the fact that we did not break the bank. (The first day was free for us because we previously gave a day of service and the second day cost a total of $100 because we earned enough points on our Disney rewards card!) He has been wanting to take the kids to Disney for some time now. I really just enjoyed watching the kids have fun. I know that sounds like a total mom thing to say but it is true. It works out nice with the 6 of us. We had times that we stayed together and then we would split up in 3's to go on the bigger rides.
When you enter the park everyone that you talk to says, "Have a magical day!" We really did. But I had to post this picture. Katie had wanted to get her picture with Mickey Mouse. And who do you suppose was 100 feet inside the main gate-Yep, Mickey. She and Megan were all smiles as we waited in this long line to take our family picture. Jim and Brady went to put things in a locker rental and I had called them and told them to hurry because we were getting close to the front. They come running down the street and just make it. Jim is getting the girls even more pumped up as I was handing my camera to the "Park helper". We go to stand next to Mickey and he waves at us, turns around and walks away. The helper just smiles and says "Oh Mickey has to leave now. I am sorry" There we were (with the long line of people behind us) just standing there in shock. Mickey is not so magical! So there goes the Christmas newsletter picture!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment