Monday, April 4, 2011

Winter fun

Every year the girls enter the creative arts contest.  They sure enjoy making arts and crafts so this contest is right up their alley!  The theme was a healthy life style. Here are a few pics from 2 of the categories as well as receiving some awards.  The banana jump roping only needed minor surgery after an arm fell off at school.  The girls had fun taking pictures of our cats in workout gear.  (Sssshhhhhh- don't tell grandma that the cats were in the house for a few minutes!)


So I realize that my picture editing skills needs some work..... I am just glad to be posting after a long dry spell.  These next pictures are of our trip to the golf course in elk ridge.  It is a lot of fun but it sure is a workout climbing back up.  We went non stop for about 2 1/2 hours.  And yes (not that anyone cares but me) I still hold the record for distance.  Jim almost had me this year.  I think he is kind and always lets me win.  This is one activity that all of us enjoy.  As a side note Jim and the boys also enjoyed skiing and boarding at sun dance this winter.  I guess I will have to go next time to get pictures that they always "forget" to take.  I think I can hold hot chocolate and take pics from the lodge with my zoom!




The girls sure were proud of the FHE treat they made and painted with edible paint.  They did a great job.  It is rewarding as a mom to see them get along so well (most of the time).

 Brady has been trying for a while to get any of his other siblings to try to play competitive sports.  He was glad to see that Megan broke out and tried something new.  I thought that Meg was going to have a panic attack the first day of practice.  She was so nervous, but as soon as she walked in, the coach was great and welcoming.  She showed so much progress and was fun to watch.  From the first game of biting nails and running from the ball, to getting in and trying to defend and shoot.  Brady was paid to Ref a few games and did a great job.  Since Meg understands the game now she even sits and watches games with Brady at home.  She loved watching Jimmer and the BYU team this year.  Brady had to laugh when she would get nervous and bite her nails when the score was close.



 


    

1 comment:

  1. Cute picture of Brady and Megan. Sledding looks fun too, we are going to have to try it one of these days when my kids can climb up the hill by themselves!

    ReplyDelete