This July we went on a fantastic trip. Jim's mom and step dad offered to take us all on a church history tour. In the Caravan was Dave and Judy, Ken (and fam), John (and fam), and Jim (and us). Norine and her family were missed and thought of often. First stop was Liberty jail.
The tours by the missionaries were great and I cannot think of a place that we did not feel the spirit. (although it was stronger in some places). Liberty Jail was where the Prophet Joseph Smith spent approximately five months awaiting trial. While there, he received three revelations that are included in the Doctrine and Covenants.
As I was taking this picture I noticed that my boys were being silly! It is pretty cool that it was the original key. But it also leaves one with a sense of sadness for what the men had to endure there!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment