I have decided that even though this is my blog that sometimes I want to learn about you the reader (perhaps it is just 2 readers-I do not know!) So- whenever I pose a question it is your turn to leave a comment so I can get to know you a little more as well. Easy enough?!?!
Here are my thoughts today-
Brady has been on the news, radio, newspaper, etc lately. We are proud (my grandma would correct me here!) We are well pleased with his accomplishments. We hope that the winter items reached the hands of those that needed them most. We are forever grateful for those that helped Braden!
But wouldn't it be great if more people where publicly recognized for things that they have done. For example you could read in the headlines:
Soldier, misses birthdays & holidays of loved ones as he sacrifices his time to fight for our freedom and bring peace in distant lands. (Thanks Will)
or
Empty nester called as bishop - becomes the father to about 400 people who all want part of his time! (Thanks to all of the bishops out there)
or
High school coach gets paid about 20 cents an hour! (Thanks to all of those that have ever coached in public ed!)
OR- how about this one
Mother of 4 active kids finishes laundry! (Oh if it were true!)
So many people could make the headlines for so many different things. Can you think of any headlines that go unnoticed? (Ahem-that is your cue! )
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



I don't know if I like visiting your blog. I always end up having to think! These are my thoughts anyways. I think if everything went noticed and was brought to light by others then we would never be able to experience humility and true selfless sacrafice. Mustering up quite inner strength that is only felt by me and my Heavenly Father would not seem as important. I think it would be harder to achieve Charity. Don't get me wrong, it would be a great world because everyone would try and "one up" people in a positive way. But I think it would place God further away from us because we would be getting and longing for praise from other people. I would rather stick with the headlines posted to God in that "Golden book". So we must remind ourselves that acts do not go unnoticed .
ReplyDeleteYour request has helped me to stop and think more about what others have done for me and people around me though.
Did I just spoil your experiment? OK here is a few from me:
4 year old daughter gives older sister her sucker because she saw how sad her sister was when her sucker fell and broke.
Father goes to work day after day to provide for family. His hard work provides a way so that mom can stay home with children!
You did not spoil anything- see now I know the deeper thoughts of Tami. (And must I say I have been taught.) Thinking about this does make one more appreciative of those little things around them though. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea Tracie. How about this one?
ReplyDeleteTeacher works 12 hour days to make learning more fun and productive for her students although she's not getting paid for those long hours.
Oh and by the way... for a girl who likes sleeping in you're sure up early on a Saturday morning! ;)
Recognition, in some ways, diminishes the pure love and selfless sacrifice of those who give it. What a world this would be if acts of sacrifice and kindness were commonplace, and not exceptional deeds to be praised. The kind deeds of unrecognized heros (in any walk of life), surely, will find a special place in the heart of Heavenly Father.
ReplyDeleteThe old and dying, in our country, are often shoved aside as if they were obstacles or litter in the road of others. If only we could have a vision of the life of each one we meet, if only we could appreciate the trials and sacrifice that brought them to where they are, we would cherish their existance. Even sons and daughtersm, often feel like they are too "busy" to drop what is "so important" to honor a parent's existance through loving care. Headline! Parent gave selfless sacrifice in a glorious spring of children's lives, yet faced winter's final battle, ALONE!
ReplyDeleteWell said! I will be forever grateful for my parents. I love you both! (I know you were not fishing for a compliment, but I had to seize the moment!)
ReplyDelete