Sunday, July 12, 2009

Family Night

O.K. it is official-We have the coolest neighbors! "Aunt" Amber and "Uncle" Greg always come up with such fun things to do with our kids (Well, I think Greg would agree that it is Amber). They have organized a kids movie night in their back yard, neighborhood scavenger hunts and doughnut runs, winter snow ball fights, summer water fights, Wii competitions, and now they have added to the "Amber is so fun list" -a skit including homemade costumes and props.

The kids were so excited to perform this for us. They would not give us any hints about it. They all wrote it as a 'add a part story'. (one person started the story and stopped and the next person would add, etc.)

I'll give a short summary: Katie was a little troll named Penelope who wanted to be a dragon. She ate 10 ladybugs and drank dragon spit, but it turned her into a........

magical butterfly, whose wings spread glitter and gumballs everywhere.

Merlin rode his vehicle, which was made of soda cans for wheels and a giraffe engine, all around to try to find Penelope. She wanted him to turn her back into a troll.
He did and then the skies opened up and it rained gumballs! The moral of the story (I know you are all wondering!!!) Be happy with who you are and not with who you aren't.
We look forward to the next show. Thanks for the fun night neighbors-pizza and a show, you can't beat that!

1 comment:

  1. I visit your blog many more times than you could imagine. These are the things that Mema should be commenting on. I do admit, though, that the dragon spit part was exciting. Just kidding.
    I live my life with Mema getting all of the credit for birthday and Christmas gifts, ("Oh, thank you, Mema!") while I catch the grief from not writing on blogs. When any grandchild visits, they are going to "Mema's house!" She is a very good mema. I chose wisely.

    ReplyDelete