
As we pulled in to the driveway from our trip to Yuba. My sister and 3 of her girls pulled in from Idaho. That next morning we left for Brian Head to stay at a cabin with my other sister from Texas. (My brother in laws sister's cabin-who was very generous to let us all stay!) We did some hiking around cedar breaks that first day and the next day we hiked around Zion's. (Tami's family was all about doing outdoor "Utah" stuff. ) We left Jim and Brady at home because they had work and youth conference.

This waterfall was more like a trickle compared to the last time we saw it. (which was not that long ago) Last time we made the trip we had heavy jackets on. When we pulled into Zions this time it was 92 by 10:00. Luckily heavy clouds came and it turned out to be great.

This is Cam and his cousin Jared. They are pointing to angel's landing. Tami's husband is a go- getter. He talked us into going on this. Tami stayed behind with the girls so I could hike up with Cameron. (And because she was not sure how she would do with the height of the hike, and the fear of her son falling) This is the part of the hike that some chicken out of going the rest of the way. There is a chain that you can hold onto as you climb the trail. The boys loved it.

This is Cam and I at the top. It was a lot of fun. As we were hiking up the lower part of the trail people kept telling us that they did not make it to the top. They said that it was to high or scary. Dan and I started having second thoughts. But it really was not that bad. I want to take Jim on this hike. I know Tami could have made it.

Here we are sitting and relaxing after snacks. If you look at the top right area of the picture you can see the ridge that we came up. The views are beautiful!

People kept offering to take our "families" picture. Dan and I thought it was pretty funny.

Tami showed the girls how to catch tad poles. She said they spent a long time digging out a little pool and putting the collection into it. Katie's favorite was a tad pole that was just about a full frog.

After our long hike the girls wanted to show us the tad poles. It felt good to take our shoes off and put our feet into the cold water. I told the boys I would give them $2 if they went under. They said no way until Dan went under and did it first. They each got $2 from me. It was very cold water!
I did not have my Camera with me when Paulette and her girls were with us. I am hoping Tami gets them up on her blog. (If she will ever post again!!!!) We had a great week. I have said many times that it is very hard for me to live so far from my family. I laugh and cringe inside when people say that they live so far from family and it is only an hour or two away. (I would love that!) I had fun spending time with my sisters and my kids love seeing cousins. Here are a few pictures from the visit.
Nice pictures. Your little comment sent me to action. I have about 7 post finished last night. But they are all in my saved file. I started it in the wrong order so I am going to post them all when I get it all done.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Traci, and so are you. It is so good seeing you guys haveing fun together and in such a beautiful place. It was hard to see though because of the tears. I sure do have some goodlooking grandkids. They fit right into the scenery. I love you.,MOM
ReplyDelete